FortisBC is offering incentives for installing high-efficiency natural gas unit heater and infrared tube heaters for large spaces with high ceilings such as warehouses, garages or showrooms.
- The maximum incentive available is 75% of the product costs before tax.
|Condensing unit heater||install a natural gas unit heater with a thermal efficiency of 90 per cent or more||$7.50 per MBH|
|Single-stage or high-intensity infrared heater||install a natural gas infrared tube heater||$800 per unit|
|Two-stage infrared heater||install a natural gas infrared tube heater||$1,100 per unit|
Please visit the FortisBC incentive page for details on products, incentive amounts, and qualifying criteria.
- To be eligible for rebates, heaters must use natural gas, be located in a conditioned space and be installed in either existing or new construction buildings.
- You must be a FortisBC natural gas customer under any rate class except Rate 1.
- You must be an owner or long-term leaseholder of an existing commercial or industrial building or a builder/developer or owner of a new commercial or industrial construction project.
- You must be using the unit heater for space or process heating.
- Full eligibility requirements can be found on the FortisBC website.
How to Apply
- Carefully read the terms and conditions to confirm your eligibility.
- Purchase and install equipment that meets rebate requirements.
- Email your unit heater rebate application and supporting documentation to email@example.com with the following information:
- A copy of the paid product invoice showing product type, quantity, make and model number and total cost before tax. The model number must be clearly displayed on the invoice. If we’re unable to tell what model was installed, we may request a product specification sheet.
- A copy of the installation invoice (if applicable).
- You must submit an application and supporting documentation no later than 365 days after the purchase date of the product(s) (as shown on the paid invoice).
- Point-of-sale rebates are available from participating industrial commercial partners. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check out our incentive search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades incentives.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.
- Learn more and apply for incentives by visiting FortisBC.
Program Contact Information
- If you have questions, contact your Key Account Manager or Energy Solutions Manager
- FortisBC email@example.com