The Genworth Mortgage Loan Insurance Premium Refund Program provides either a 15% or 25% premium refund on your mortgage loan insurance when you purchase a high-rise condo unit in an energy efficient building.
- To access a 15% Premium refund, you must achieve the following:
- The building must meet the LEED Canada New Construction Standard (Certified Silver, Gold or Platinum). You will automatically qualify for a 15% refund.
- The building must be designed to be 20% more energy-efficient than compliance with the energy provisions of the applicable building code.
- To access a 25% Premium refund, you must achieve the following:
- The building must be designed to be 40% more energy-efficient than compliance with the energy provisions of the applicable building code.
- You must have purchased a condo and currently have mortgage financing through Genworth.
- You must pay your lender for the costs of the lender’s Genworth mortgage loan insurance.
How to Apply
- Purchase a condo and finance your mortgage through Genworth mortgage loan insurance.
- Complete the online application and upload the required documentation or complete the paper application form and submit by fax or mail to
2060 Winston Park Drive (Suite 300)
- Allow at least 30 business days for your application to be processed.
- Application must be submitted within 24 months of the closing date of the mortgage.
- Supporting energy efficiency documentation can be no more than 5 years old.
- Check out our incentive search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades incentives.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.