Through FortisBC, charities and non-profit housing providers can receive a rebate of up to $75,000 by installing an eligible high-efficiency natural gas boiler. Qualifying boilers installed in existing buildings may be eligible for a right-sizing bonus.
|Boiler Type||Incentive**||Maximum Incentive|
|90% thermal efficiency or higher||$15 per MBH||Up to $75,000|
|85% to 89.99% thermal efficiency or higher||$7 per MBH||Up to $35,000|
*Incentive amounts are calculated by the size and efficiency of the boiler. Incentive amount includes top-up amounts for eligible non-profit participants.
|Boiler Type||Maximum Incentive|
|Input rating of up to 1,500 MBH||Up to $500|
|Input rating of 1,500 MBH or higher||Up to $1,000|
- You must be a FortisBC natural gas commercial customer.
- You must be a registered charity that provides assistance to low-income persons, or a housing provider that is:
- You must be a property owner or long-term lease-holder of an existing commercial building or a builder/developer or property owner in case of a new construction project.
- You must be using the boiler for space, pool and/or process heating. Note: boiler capacity not strictly required to meet your building or facility’s thermal load (sometimes referred to as backup, standby, or secondary boilers) are not eligible for incentive.
- The hot water natural gas boiler(s) must be installed by a qualified natural gas or mechanical contractor licensed with Technical Safety BC.
- The hot water natural gas boiler(s) must meet FortisBC’s qualifying criteria at the time of purchase.
- In order to receive the right-sizing bonus, the boiler must be sized in accordance with FortisBC’s Boiler Sizing and Quality Installation Guidelines.
- Full eligibility requirements can be found on the FortisBC website.
How to Apply
- Carefully read the terms and conditions to confirm your eligibility.
- Ensure the boiler you plan to purchase is on the eligible boiler list.
- Contact a gas or mechanical contractor, licensed with the Technical Safety BC, to install your boiler(s). Licensed contractors can be found on the Trade Ally Network.
- Email your completed application form to email@example.com within 365 days of the purchase date or installation date, whichever is first. Include:
- The fully paid invoice including make and model number of the eligible boiler(s) that were purchased and installed. New construction projects may alternatively provide proof of payment in the form of a final progress draw invoice for the new building AND engineer-approved shop drawings that indicate the job name and site address as proof of make and model of the eligible boiler(s).
- For the right sizing-bonus:
- You must complete and submit an estimate of the building heating load in accordance with FortisBC’s boiler sizing & quality installation guidelines.
- Calculations showing the estimated building heating load as well as the invoice for the calculations must be submitted with the application.
- Application must be submitted within 365 days of the purchase date of the product(s) (as shown on the proof of purchase document) or installation date (as listed on the Application Form), whichever is first.
- Check out the Energy Conservation Assistance Program that can help income-qualified residents save energy with a free home energy evaluation, installation of energy-saving products and advice.
- Check out our incentive search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades incentives.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.
- Learn more and apply for incentives by visiting FortisBC.