About CleanBC Better Buildings
CleanBC Better Buildings is BC’s online hub for homeowners and businesses to access information, incentives and support to reduce energy use and greenhouse gas emissions in new and existing homes and buildings. CleanBC Better Buildings is funded by the Province of British Columbia and the Government of Canada under the Low Carbon Economy Leadership Fund. CleanBC Better Buildings incentives are administered by BC Hydro, FortisBC and BC Housing.
CleanBC Better Buildings resources include:
- Easy to use incentive search tools for residential renovations, residential new construction, commercial renovations, and commercial new construction
- Information and answers to frequently asked questions on energy efficiency upgrades
- Free Energy Coaching Services for homeowners and businesses undertaking renovations, including a phone and email hotline staffed by energy coaching specialists
Resources and support are available for the following building types in British Columbia:
- Commercial renovations for multi-unit residential buildings, commercial buildings, and institutional buildings
- Commercial new construction for multi-unit residential buildings, commercial buildings, and institutional buildings
Energy Coach Service
The Energy Coach is a free coaching service for homeowners and commercial building owners and managers in B.C. Energy Coaches are trained energy efficiency specialists who provide building-science based information about the options and opportunities to improve the energy efficiency of your home or building. They are available to answer your questions at all stages of your energy improvement project. Energy Coach services are available for homeowners and selected coaching support is available for commercial building owners or managers.
Energy Coach services include:
- Access to Energy Coaches via a toll-free hotline and e-mail
- Information about available incentives
- If needed, directing you to appropriate program representatives