Receive rebates from FortisBC between $75-$6,600 when you upgrade your inefficient commercial laundry, dishwashing, and cooking equipment to ENERGY STAR® models, and/or install demand-controlled ventilation for your kitchen’s exhaust system.
|Commercial clothes washers||$75 per clothes washer|
|Demand controlled ventilation for kitchen exhaust||$800 – $6,600|
|Electric commercial cooking equipment||$150 – $2,000 per appliance|
|Electric commercial dishwashers||$400 – $1,600 per dishwasher|
Please visit the FortisBC incentive page for details on products, incentive amounts, and qualifying criteria.
- You must be a FortisBC or municipal* commercial, industrial or irrigation electricity customer.
- You must be an owner or long-term leaseholder of an existing commercial or industrial building or a builder/developer or owner of a new commercial or industrial construction project
- Full eligibility requirements can be found on the FortisBC website.
*Includes Grand Forks, Summerland, Penticton, and Nelson Hydro.
How to Apply
- Carefully read the terms and conditions to confirm your eligibility.
- Purchase qualifying products and have them installed by a contractor licensed with Technical Safety BC.
- Apply online for your incentive or email your completed application form and supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your FortisBC electricity account number or municipal account number from Penticton, Summerland, Grand Forks or Nelson Hydro.
- Scanned copies of all receipts and supporting documentation for the purchase and installation of products. Ensure all receipts are marked “paid,” clear, legible, itemized, and indicate relevant information including brand, model number, and any other required information in your application. New construction projects may alternatively provide proof of payment in the form of a final progress draw invoice for the new building AND engineer-approved shop drawings which indicate the job name, site address, and make and model of products.
- Application must be submitted within 365 days of the purchase date of the product(s) or installation date, whichever is first.
- The product(s) must be installed within 180 days of submitting the application and supporting documentation.
- Check out our incentive search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades incentives.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.
- Learn more and apply for incentives by visiting FortisBC.