FortisBC provides incentives from $2.50-$250 for installing high-efficiency lighting products.
|High-Efficiency Lighting Product||Incentive|
|LED lamps||$2.50 – $30 per lamp|
|LED interior luminaires||$10 – $200 per luminaire|
|LED exterior luminaires||$30 – $220 per luminaire|
|LED street lights and exterior pole/arm mounted luminaries||$60 – $220 per luminaire|
|LED refrigeration case lighting||$4 per linear foot|
|LED backlit signage||$5 per linear foot|
|Lighting controls||$10 – $25 per control|
Please visit the FortisBC incentive page for details on products, incentive amounts, and qualifying criteria.
- You must be a FortisBC or municipal* commercial, industrial or irrigation electricity customer.
- You must be an owner or long-term leaseholder of an existing commercial or industrial building or a builder/developer or owner of a new commercial or industrial construction project.
- Full eligibility requirements can be found on the FortisBC website.
*Includes Grand Forks, Summerland, Penticton, and Nelson Hydro.
How to Apply
- Carefully read the terms and conditions to confirm your eligibility.
- Purchase and install qualifying equipment.
- Apply online for your incentive or email your completed application form and supporting documentation to email@example.com with the following information:
- Your FortisBC electricity account number or municipal account number from Penticton, Summerland, Grand Forks or Nelson Hydro.
- Scanned copies of all receipts and supporting documentation for the purchase and installation of products. Ensure all receipts are clear, legible, itemized, and indicate relevant information including brand, model number, and any other required information in your application.
- Application must be submitted within 365 days of the purchase date of the product(s) or installation date, whichever is first.
- The product(s) must be installed within 180 days of submitting the application and supporting documentation.
- Check out our incentive search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades incentives.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.
- Learn more and apply for incentives by visiting FortisBC.