FortisBC is offering rebates for upgrading to high-efficiency cooking equipment, ranging from $200 to $3,500 per appliance.
|Fryer||$1,000 per vat|
|Large vat fryer||$1,200 per vat|
|Griddle||$500 per griddle|
|Combination ovens||$2,000 – $3,000|
|Convection ovens||$1,000 per stacked oven|
|Rack ovens||$2,500 – $3,500|
|Conveyor ovens (more than 25 inches conveyor width)||$2,500 per stacked oven|
|Steam cooker||$200 per steam cooker|
- You must be a FortisBC natural gas customer under any rate class except Rate 1.
- The appliance(s) must be installed in a commercial kitchen.
- The appliance(s) must meet FortisBC’s qualifying criteria at the time of purchase.
- Applicants must own the facility where the appliance is installed, or own the appliance.
- Full eligibility requirements can be found on the FortisBC website.
How to Apply
- Carefully read the terms and conditions to confirm your eligibility.
- Purchase cooking equipment that is listed on the eligible appliances list. If you have any questions regarding your eligibility contact FortisBC before you install your cooking appliance(s).
- Contact an equipment installer licensed with Technical Safety BC and certified by the appliance manufacturer to install your eligible cooking appliance(s).
- Email your completed application form to email@example.com. Be sure to include copies of:
- The paid invoice indicating the purchase date, make and model number of the cooking appliance(s) purchased and the installation address. The paid invoice must be addressed to the applicant.
- Applications and supporting documentation must be submitted no later than 365 days after the purchase date of the product (as shown on the proof of purchase document, or installation date (as shown on the Application Form), whichever is first.
- To confirm individual deadlines, ensure you speak to your Key Account Manager.
- Check out our incentive search tool for other energy efficiency upgrades incentives.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.
- Learn more and apply for incentives by visiting FortisBC.